This week 4.1 “Dinah” was released. A lot of attention was given by the developers to improve the accessibility of the front-end, the Admin and the default theme Twenty Fifteen.
What has improved
Twenty Fifteen is the most accessible default theme up to now:
- The colour contrast complies with WCAG 2.0 AA;
- The main menu, including the responsive hamburger menu, is fully keyboard and screen reader accessible;
- ARIA roles and landmarks are added;
- The heading structure is semantic;
- Accessible “Continue reading” links;
- Alt texts of the thumbnails are meaningful.
- Improved post/paging navigation template tags.
For the Admin work has been done for:
- The colour contrast;
- The Add Media panel;
- The Customizer.
A big thanks to all the developers and testers, who worked hard to get this done. And hopefully will continue to do so for WP 4.2.
Reblogged this on Aquamosh's Blog.
Comments are closed.