Web development for RRWD
For my company RRWD web development I recently developed and contributed to the following websites.
- Van Laar Trumpets & Flugelhorns
- Johannes Wier Foundation, committed to human rights in Dutch health care
- Courius, specialists in the human side of change
- Game-accessibility.com, find, rate, learn to develop and discuss digital accessible (serious) games.
- Oogvereniging.nl, the Dutch Eye Association, for and by visual impaired people.
- Jan Vis, artists
Training and consultancy work
- Team Yoast, Yard Internet, Stuurlui and Geev:: Accessibility training for the developers and the designers
- Genesis Framework: Accessibility consulting and testing and contributing code for improving the accessibility of version 2.2
- FlagshipWP: Accessibility audit and consultancy
Make WordPress Accessible team
Since 2012 I’m part of the Make WordPress Accessible contributors group. We try to make WordPress core and all of WordPress’ resources accessible by testing, reviewing and by contributing code. Within the group I organise the accessibility testing and write patches and documentation. For this I got credits for WordPress 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.7, 4.8 and “rockstar” credits for 4.3 and 4.5.
In 2016 Knowbility gave me the Heroes of Accessibility Award for Individual Achievement for this work.
The plugin Genesis Accessible, together with the Genesis Sample theme gives you a WCAG 2 AA accessible website out of the box. Maintaining the plugin and the child theme is team work, you can follow us on the GitHub repository. Note: Since Genesis 2.2 the functionality of this plugin has been added to Genesis core.
My personal blog WordPress and Accessibility. About practical accessibility, best practice and stuff that interests me. The blog is hosted on WordPress.com and uses the latest WordPress default theme.
Girl on film
- Web Accessibility, Where To Start?
WordCamp Milano, October 2016
- WordPress, state of the Accessibility,
WordCamp Europe, June 2016. Please also read the related blog post with all the information plus more
- WordPress is what we make of it,
WordCamp the Netherlands, September 2015
- The Accessibility-Ready Tag for Your Theme – Why and How,
WordCamp Europe, June, 2015
- All About Accessibility,
Carrie Dils Genesis Office Hours 43, January, 2015
- Those Who Don’t Jump Will Never Fly,
London WordPress Meetup, July 2014
- A More Accessible WordPress Panel Discussion
WP Bacon, July 2014