At the moment I do WordPress development work and accessibility consultancy.
Make WordPress Accessible team
Since 2012 I’m part of the Make WordPress Accessible contributors group. We try to make WordPress core and all of WordPress’ resources accessible by testing, reviewing and by contributing code. Within the group I am project manager, organise the accessibility testing and write documentation. For this I got props for six WordPress releases and “rockstar” credits for 4.3 & 4.5.
In 2016 Knowbility gave me the Heroes of Accessibility Award for Individual Achievement for this work.
Girl on film
- Accessibility Testing, Tools and Workflow,
WordCamp US, Nashville, December 2017
- Accessibility, where to start,
WordCamp Brighton UK, August 2017
- Accessibility in the Age of the Headless CMS
WordCamp Europe, Paris, June 2017
- WordPress, state of the Accessibility,
WordCamp Europe, Vienna, June 2016. Please also read the related blog post with all the information plus more
- WordPress is what we make of it,
WordCamp the Netherlands, Utrecht, September 2015
- The Accessibility-Ready Tag for Your Theme – Why and How,
WordCamp Europe, Seville, June, 2015
- All About Accessibility,
Carrie Dils Genesis Office Hours 43, Podcast, January, 2015
- Those Who Don’t Jump Will Never Fly,
London WordPress Meetup, July 2014
- A More Accessible WordPress Panel Discussion
WP Bacon, Podcast, July 2014