The combination web development and accessibility is my passion. The web should be usable for everyone.
For the digital agency Level Level in Rotterdam, I work as a senior accessibility consultant.
Besides that I am a trainer for The A11Y Collective, an online learning platform for web accessibility.
- Accessibility consultancy
- Training web accessibility
- Open source contributions
- Girl on stage
With the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) I am registered as a Certified Professional in Web Accessibility (CPWA). In the Netherlands I’m a certified accessible web builder educated by the Dutch Accessibility Foundation.
At the moment I work as an accessibility consultant for the full service digital agency Level Level. I work on client projects and train my colleagues.
Recent work for Level Level
- Education of the designers and developers of Level Level.
- Internal accessibility auditing of Level Level’s client work.
- Presentations and workshops for WordCamps, meetups and conferences globally.
- Consultancy and accessibility reviews for projects of Human Made.
- Consultancy and accessibility reviews of the WordPress form plugin Gravity Forms for Rocketgenius.
Previous consultancy work
For the Genesis Framework I did an accessibility overhaul to make it WCAG 2.0 AA compliant. Tenon.io mentioned Genesis as the most accessible WordPress framework in their research in 2018.
Training web accessibility
In 2020 Level Level started the The A11y Collective, an online learning platform for web accessibility, for designers, developers and content creators. But also for site owners, project managers and stakeholders.
Open source contributions
In 2016 Knowbility gave me the Heroes of Accessibility Award for Individual Achievement for my contributions to WordPress.
Girl on Stage
My presentations on meetup, WordCamps and conferences. Also included are the podcasts and online interviews.
- Be Successful with Accessibility: How to add value to your projects by being compliant.
Mavericks Webinar for Cloudways, July 2021
- Automated accessibility testing, a few scenarios,
WordCamp Santa Clarita, July 2021
- Enhancing the accessibility of a plugin, a use case. About the accessibility overhaul of Gravity Forms. Together with Morgan Kay from Rocketgenius,
WordCamp Europe, June 2021
- How to use ARIA in Forms,
WordPress Accessibility Day, October 2020
- Accessible cards,
#a11yTO Conf 2020, November 2020
- Workshop Web Accessibility (in Dutch),
WPNL Live, September 2020
- What makes an accessible card? , webinar for Tenon.io on YouTube, August 2019
- Who’s afraid of ARIA – Helsinki,
WordCamp Nordic, Helsinki, February 2019
- Who’s afraid of ARIA – Nashville,
WordCamp US, Nashville, December 2018
- Testing Web Accessibility, together with Sami Keijonen,
WordCamp Europe, Belgrade, June 2018
- Accessibility Testing, Tools and Workflow,
WordCamp US, Nashville, December 2017
- Accessibility, where to start,
WordCamp Brighton UK, August 2017
- Accessibility in the Age of the Headless CMS,
WordCamp Europe, Paris, June 2017
- WordPress, state of the Accessibility,
WordCamp Europe, Vienna, June 2016. Please also read the related blog post with all the information plus more
- WordPress is what we make of it,
WordCamp the Netherlands, Utrecht, September 2015
- The Accessibility-Ready Tag for Your Theme – Why and How,
WordCamp Europe, Seville, June 2015
- All About Accessibility,
Carrie Dils Genesis Office Hours 43, Podcast, January 2015
- Those Who Don’t Jump Will Never Fly,
London WordPress Meetup, July 2014
- A More Accessible WordPress Panel Discussion,
WP Bacon, Podcast, July 2014